- junior explorer company with a promising copper project in central mexico
- NI 43-101 compliant independent resource estimate already existent, low grades 0.5% Cu => open pit mine planned, very good infrastructure (roads, railroad, nearby port, power + water supply), good relationship to local government + local communities
- partnership with teck cominco which allows teck to get 60% of the project
- nice presentation by the CEO john w. greenslade who in his matter of fact manner not only presented catalyst, but also told a lot abt copper, mexico, doing business with chinese/ koreans / mexicans, drug wars in northern mexico, mining business in high-grade Cu regions like congo + zambia, ...
- copper, copper, copper + some gold, silver & molybdenum as by-products
- same procedure as always with euroscandic's picks: im already invested since few weeks cos i try to avoid the road show effect + applied for catalyst's newsletter + gonna follow the developments + decide later if i will increase my 'pilot buy' position in the future => this investment stuff is sooooo easy!
- down 10% today => wtf?
- any risks? well, there will be some financing needed (dilution of existing share/ownership structure) in order to cover the expenses 2 bring the mine into production and maybe also some difficulties down the road .... and yes, the start of the production + cash flow is not going to happen before 2013 ... btw, who knows the price of copper by 2013?
- south boulder ~ potash in eritrea ~ much 2 expensive i think and prolly even more promotion + potash boom driven instead of companys fundamental development (~ eg the recent take-over wave in saskatchewan ~ potash corp + potash one + bhp billiton + K&S). me, stupid idiot, why didnt i buy few shares in november when ive read the companys presentation sheet in the catalogue of precious metals + mining fair? at that time was the price approx AUD 0.75 ... the price 2day ie only two and half months later? AUD 4.80 ...
- allana potash ~ potash in ethiopia ~ the same story as above ~ much 2 expensive thus bought only a very small position
- belvedere resources ~ nickel in finland, increased my existing line
ps: march 1st, 2011: folks, ive just bought a ticket 2 toronto (expensive like hell!) and gonna visit the PDAC gold+silver show next week!
with gold at a new high-high-higher all-time-high @ $1,435 per ounce it is going 2 be a crazy time there, i think
btw, whos gonna join me there?
PDAC International Convention Trade Show & Investors Exchange - Mining Investment Show