Tuesday, August 24, 2010
• thats my 2nd visit to tunisia! after the northern part (hammamet) 15 years ago, we came to the holiday island djerba in the very south this time …
• hot, hot, hot air + unbelievable hot water! btw, the water is much hotter than @bali/indonesia last vacation, prolly cos like the whole island also the sea ground is very flat
• nice ‘sun + sea’ holidays thx 2 good mood my wife, my youngest daughter and myself have nearly all the time … our hotel was very cheap but nevertheless, there is a clean room, quite good food (i think they could do even better cos the ingredients are much better than i would expect for that hotel category), very bad drinks (mostly much too sweet, sometimes even salty (coffee!), only water seems to be similar to german style drinks … any cold comfort? despite our all-inclusive-program we drink hardly no alcohol, our liver will be glad, i think, lol), but what i like best is the fact that there is always some free place in the 3rd or 4th row on the beach + at the pool where we can place our towels (the most europeans are very possessive folks and they use 2 wake up @ 6 a.m. just to place their towels on the ’best’ sun beds out there and ‘reserve’ them for the whole day, u know? btw, are americans also that stupid/crazy/inflexible like we are? … beach volleyball twice a day is also fine, im getting better and better each day! thats what experience is for (like in trading, investing or any other area), u see? … we didn’t like the free hammam course here in the hotel (usually a steam bath + massage, here just the steam ;-), we don’t think we will try the ‘real hammam’ later on … well, we didn’t played tennis & table tennis yet cos its simply too hot, will prolly try next week instead of beach volleyball some day … => summa summarum? a great price-value-ratio, indeed! btw, don’t worry abt my wifi bill, its not that high either and i hope my gold/silver stocks ‘holiday’ investments will pay-off that by far
• what abt nature, people, culture here? well, i could tell more last time i think cos then we visited the old, old, old (medieval?) city of hammamet several times, visited also sahara (berber folks + matmata’s underground villages + some oasis + …), the salt desert, few roman buildings (coliseum), other cities (kairouan) and much more … this time we just have been to djerba’s shopping city of midoun ;-(. well, i like shopping or even hunting for opportunities in both stock and commodity markets, but cant develop any energy for shopping for souvenirs and other usually completely useless stuff … anyway, i liked our long coffee break in the only typical café weve found on the (flat!) roof of an old building, so we could enjoy both our drinks and the sight over the crowded bazaar … pls dont ask me abt religion and the like cos im not religious myself and thus cant understand why should people e.g. not eat & drink all day till late evening during the hottest month of the whole freaking year (its ramadam time right now, thats 28 days i believe), do u? yep, the role and relationship of men & women is also completely strange for europeans, theyve offered 1000 camels and 2 ferraris for our youngest daughter?!? hmmmm, shoudda take that? hehee ....-...-... of course, to live and let live is still my motto, so lets stay just the observer without any evaluation hereby, ok?
• any investment issues? well, i couldnt find many investment opportunities … the solar energy sector (here shines the sun approx 365 days a year), water saving technologies and tourism is prolly the place 2 be in tunisia, but there was nothing i could/would invest directly in by buying shares of some tunisian or other companies like there was the idea of buying shares of the indian automaker tata motors after visiting sri lanka + indonesia (which i unfortunately didn’t cos i had already tata motors on my watch list @ much much lower price and thus it seemed overpriced to me at that time … 2day wouldnt that ‘overpriced’ attribute matter anymore cos ive got such great results e.g. with rob mcewen’s rubicon minerals and premier gold where ive bought micro stakes at their all-time-highs in 2008/2009 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 2008/2009 end_of_the_skype_highlighting [now approx 5 and 3 bagger respectively] and u know i have bought novagold, endeavour silver, 1st majestic silver, fortuna silver near their long-time-highs recently as i believe they will go up further). folks, do u know what i think is completely strange? despite the exploding population and the recent high prices 4 wheat + coffee + sugar + cocoa + oats + some other agricultural products, i do not think farming is a good investment/business in general. why?!? food is still much, much, much 2 cheap! there is still soooo much food just thrown away
• what else? no clue yet ;-)
... pictures finally uploaded, prolly too many, so just skip few of them :-) ... here we go ...
pls visit my picasa album
Thursday, August 19, 2010
u know already my favorite activities, dont u? instead of swimming/sunbathing/eating/drinking beer, #jarobuys:
- scorpio mining - silver in mexico
- andover ventures - gold in queebec/canada, i think, shoudda look-up in my former blog post? well, not yet, its holiday season now ;-)
- penn west trust (yesterday) - oil + gas in canada, a steady monthly dividend payer, it will balance my sometimes overstretched margin account, i hope ;-)
- aurizon mines - gold in queebec/canada
- orko silver (2 days ago) - silver in mexico
- fortuna silver (2morrow) - silver in mexico
- novagold (after tomorrow) - gold in canada + usa ~ the soros / paulson investment ...
- 1st majestic silver (after tomorrow) - silver in mexico ... thats my silver bullion dealer, u remember?
- kinross gold (next day) - gold everywhere, one of the biggest gold producers in the world ...
- osisko mining (next next day) - gold in queebec\canada, ive prolly watched too long at my osisko (baseball? anti sun?) cap .... and bought 200 shares instead of 20 via my margin account .... of course, sold 100 shares immediately cos i didnt wanted too much debt in my account
- impact silver (later on) - silver in mexico - my last holiday investment issue ... any reason 4 that? yep, on my very last day in tunisia ive discovered the undersized label 'impact' at my bathing shoes and prompt decided 2 increase my existing position in that promising silver producer a little bit further ... of course i take investment decisions only on intuition/dreams and the like, u know that already, dont u? ...
folks, im happy ive decided NOT 2 spend money on gold&silver call options and invest in some of my gold&silver explorer/junior producer companies instead ... why? IMO there is a much better risk-reward-ratio :-). good luck, my sweet holiday investments, good luck
ps: ive chosen my scorpio mining t-shirt 4 dinner! we have 2 help luck a little bit, isnt it?
pps: dont worry, of course i ve been already swimming/sunbathing/drinking beer
ppps: the best gold/silver investment team ever? the tooth pick gang! lol
... tooth pick gang #2: