- bratislava ~ my brothers place. the funny stuff was that when i came the
- dubnica ~ we met my cousin vierka for a lunch
- ruzomberok (rosenberg)
- lucky / kalemeny / liptovska tepla ~ i took a bath and filled up all bottles i had in the local thermal and healing spring in kalameny. let's hope it helped a lot ...
- einsiedel (mnisek nad hnilcom) - my mothers birth place and her sister's house was our 'base camp'. yes, we have met relatives, walked a lot in the village, cemetery, i met all my friends in the village pub (and wifi hotspot) each night ...
- spitzenberg mountain (703 m) ~ i've managed to climb up the spiky landmark for the very first time. i went alone as my mother have been up there in august during the yearly spitzenberg tour with music and goulash and she prefered to stay with her elder sister .... i have seen many, many mushrooms and a deer in the forest. the mushrooms were much more photogenic than mr. deer
- schmöllnitz (smolnik) ~ my cousin renate lives here and we have visited the orthodox catholic church built by the victims of the chernobyl nuclear catastrophy (ukraine) who were moved to eastern slovakia
- lake uhorna ~ the ice cold artificial lake built by the mining industry some 200 - 300 years ago. anyway, i swum three times there. my dears, we have had end of september ... and water temperature about 13-14 degrees celsius. of course, we have also walked with my mother around the lake + drunk some tee / coffee or had lunch in the nearby restaurant.
- göllnitz (gelnica) ~ in the center of the göllnitz valley we have visited the eldest sister of my mother and an aunt of mine
- kaschau (kosice) ~ my birth city and a place where we visited a doctor with my mother this time and of course my father, who still lives in kosice
- bratislava again
- melk abbey in austria ~ we enjoyed to take a break from driving in this beautiful benedictine monastery
- anger (bavaria) ~ small but nice
Friday, September 29, 2017
i have been many times in slovakia this year, you know? well, my mother is ill and this time i took care of her for one week. why? because my youngest brother and his wife, who take care of her all year, were 2 weeks on holidays in turkey ...
we have had many stops this time:
bridge SNP over the river danube
my mother loves to go out in order to drink a coffee and to eat some cake - an easy to provide joy :o)
thermal and healing spring in kalameny
countryside in liptov area of north slovakia
einsiedel (mnisek nad hnilcom) below the spitzenberg mountain was our final destination
inside the catholic church
watch out, spitzenberg - i'm coming up :-)
the block where i spent my childhood in kaschau (kosice)
R.I.P dear grandparents, uncle, aunts
good-bye, dear mother ... i think i see you again soon
more pictures here
Saturday, September 23, 2017
on our way back from a great, great birthday party in nuremberg (nürnberg), we have visited the medieval franconian (fränkisch, franken) city of schwabach. did you know that schwabach is also the (czeck + slovak) name of the old german 'gothic' scripture (schrift) from 15th century also called schwabacher / schwabacher scripture.
my sweeties workmanship
schwabach (i love these timber framework houses (fakwerkhäuser)):
there was the yearly schwabacher funfair, too
(modern) virgin mary in front of the main church in schwabach?
of course we did not miss the chance to swim in the beautiful lake pfraundorfer see close to beilngries
more pictures here.
Saturday, September 16, 2017
activist is a person which not only complains about the dirty river but also cleans up that river, you know?
well, we have been about 25 people (young and old) organized by rehab republic and cleaned up a huge part of isar river in the southern part of munich called flaucher. it was not too dirty or differently expressed: the yangon river in myanmar was in a much much worse condition before the trash heroes arrived, if you asked me :-)
this is a household, not a trash heap ...
well, as i still had a trash bag with me i've also collected the trash in our neighborhood on my way home.more pictures here
Saturday, September 9, 2017
on our way back home from the protest camp #StoppRamstein we have visited the beautiful medieval city of kirchheim unter teck (kirchheim under the castle teck) in the schwäbische alb area of southern germany. if you asked me, it is much much nicer and wiser to spend the needed breaks (lunch &co.) interesting places than to eat at the dismal highway restaurants :-)
we were lucky, we had a beautiful weather and a 'day of open monument' here in kirchheim, so we could visit the church tower, town hall tower and many other heritage buildings which are usually closed to the public
enjoy few pictures. as you probably already know, i like the timber-framed buildings (fachwerk, fachwerkhäuser)
town hall (rathaus)
the old house
old city walls
more pictures in my g+ album