- the protest camp was like a music festival with many nice political peace songs + bonfire + vegan food + a lot of beer, if you asked me ...
- the main event was the people chain with 5,000+ activists from the main square in ramstein to the u.s. air base
- the key note speaker in front of the air base was the 'die linke' politician oskar lafontaine
- the speaker i liked most in ramstein was the (KenFM) free journalist ken jebsen
- there were many, many great music performances in the camp. i liked the 'kilez more' from vienna and rainer littmann best known as speaker and song writer from mahnwache bochum. rainers song written for the 2016 campaign 'stopp ramstein mit mir' in full is embedded below and his 2017 performance in the camp is here. enjoy :-)
join the protest => see you 2018 there? :-)