it was sooooo great!
why? and what's there? gold, silver, coin dealers, about 60 junior explorer companies, commodity investment funds, banks, financial publishing houses, very untasty coffee + fast food catering services, presentations on gold + silver + money + inflation + monetary reform + state defaults, financial newsletter writers, commodity analysts, old faces you would never want to meet in a dark city street, conspiracy theorists, book authors, pretty hostesses, security folks, paranoid visitors, me.
well, for me it is always nice to see the faces behind my portfolio companies (there were abt 15 of them here this year!), talk to the CEOs or PR folks abt current + future developments, the markets, god & the universe (do not forget, the most of that companies are micro caps and so is the CEO often the only person willing to stay there 2 days long and talk 2 clueless public for no money at all :-)
of course, few ideas abt my mad moves there:
- i've attended many interesting presentation like the one from ross beaty (the pan american silver guy), james turk (u still remember my former blog post?), thorsten polleit, u.s. silver CEO, prof. bocker, chris powell (GATA), robert rethfeld, ...
- met many fellow paranoid gold bugs + austrian economists + folks i like & know for years + conspiracy theorists .... all of them not less paranoid than the 1st group!
- bought few 1 oz silver coins (somalia's wildlife + 3 australian coins: kookaburra + tiger + ox)
- got 2 silver coins for free (btw, both from my dream investments scorpio mining + 1st majestic silver), took (very) few promotion gifts for my children like pens, caps, candys, rocks containing gold mineralization, other gadgets, ...
- and much more
- great panther resources
- osisko mining
- guayana goldfields (see comment below)
- magma energy
- ...... folks, pls do not laugh too loud about me, but i've also increased my stake in my currently BIGGEST existing portfolio position AGAIN, no matter how well i know their story as there seems 2 be everything sooo fine: production + cash flow increasing steadily, no need 4 any additional financing, still low price ... if the stock becomes popular in some way or an other, the price will skyrocket as there are not many shares selling sooooo low at the market :-) ... it is again ...
- ....... scorpio mining !!!
- cuervo resources (iron ore in peru, 11.11.2009)
- sandspring resources - (addendum 12/21/2009) -- gold explorer in guyana with already existing additional micro production of 5,000 oz alluvial gold a year -- last 'must have' company from that gold/silver conference purchased -- folks, it wasn't a stellar move 2day: this new company started trading abt 2 weeks ago at CAD 0.7 => moved to CAD 0.9 => fell back to CAD 0.8 => last quote? approx +30% at CAD 1.06 on friday => i have bought it right now before the canadian market opens in germany @ 11.4% ABOVE the latest canadian price :-(. why am i so stupid? i don't know, maybe i was a really ugly creature in my last life and that's why i have to carry this karma here and now. well, i do know the CEO a.drost for years and i do trust in his capability to start mining businesses again and again (he served as a director @ sabina gold & silver company for years + is still in the board of source resources). of course, i've just waited for the stock to commence trading and of course i especially opened a new account (@lynx brokers) where i could trade unpopular (~ i.e. low volume) canadian/australian mining stocks for low commissions at their home markets ..... but .... but i've recognized i don't have the minimal initial amount of €4,0000 to start trading/inveting yet .... and i even can't move the needed money from some other accounts soon (hey, should i close my approx €5,000 CFD account for that reason?) ... well, lynx is a futures broker as well (=> margin account), therefore there is this relatively high starting capital needed ... what to do in such a sad situation like that? my dear readers, i have bought an initial position @ 11.4% above the all-time-high + in addition with relatively high commission in germany (12€ @dab bank instead of €6 @lynx). hell, i'm in that stock now, so what? damn, now is my brains satisfied => do the folks out there call that stock-market-shopping-addict in general? hmmmmmm, could i call that my golden xmas present 4 myself instead? lol :-)
- sandspring resources +3.57%
- sabina gold & silver -2.48% (anyway, intraday there was a new 52 weeks high established!)
- source exploration +50.0% (~ 3times the usual volume, no company news, that's what i call 'performance' in junior mining sector!)