Wednesday, October 23, 2013

vampirestat ~ the evil connection?

what the hell is vampirestat.com? who the hell knows it? who the hell owns it? is it a click hunter robot / bot machine? well, the most readers of my blog were redirected from this site to my blog and none of them clicked of any of my articles, just on the main page ... you know what? my blog is not linked at vampirestat.com and i can't find my blog there even if i try .. 

well, i'm a friend / follower of vampirestat on FB and g+ (facebook and google+). but let be honest, if that would be the connection, all readers would visit my blog from facebook's or google's website and not from vamirestat, wouldn't they? what the hall is that beautiful female vamp trying to do to my blog? 😇

just to show you how vampirestat appears, enjoy 3 pictures.

g+ profile of vampirestat.com
 
source of the pictures: website and here

strange world, isn't it? what do they want from me? my money, my soul, both? any ideas out there, my dear bloggosphere?

addendum few days later: sites (or programs or robots or bots or deamons) like this are called a spambot <=> a site which sends automated emails or tries automatically to connect to other websites, accounts, crack passwords and the like. in case of vampirestat they probably only try to attract bloggers to their like a blogger utility (statistics) looking site and hope to make money via the diverse ads contained on the site ... hmmmm, it  also could be a working business model, couldn't it? you can find more information in this great blog post (in german):
http://girlsguidetoblogging.de/was-tun-gegen-vampirestat-adsensewatchdog-und-co/

eof

No comments: